Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ABOUT ME

This morning I woke up to the sweet sounds of A Tribe Called Quest
I found myself wondering whether girls like me exist?
Well I don’t have a beautiful long Indian weave or perfect skin like Bonang Matheba
image
I’m not ALL black consciousness ”anti-twang” with the poofy afro
I have a slight twang, MY HAIR is unprocessed and I MIGHT have a weave on but trust me I paid less than R500 for it
I’m an accounting student and I wear glasses (How cliched is that!)
I was literally that annoying loud fan who knew every song at The Coldplay concert in 2011
I recite lyrics to the weirdest songs (In my head of course) during small talk
And in 2015 I want to go live in Japan (much to the dismay of my parents and boyfriend)
Signed
That Awkward African Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment